Removalists Sunshine Coast
Moving List – Best Movers Sunshine Coast
Lists. Make lists before, during and after the move! But then where do you start? Here’s a checklist — prioritize the essentials:
• Check that you have gas, electricity and running water, the telephone, television and the internet
• Only unpack the essentials
• Look at the house —inspect it, examine it, assess it, appraise it — this is your new home.
• Check and take a reading from the water meter — and whether there are dripping taps in the house
• Find the fuse box and locate the circuit breaker
• Read the electricity meter
• Check the doors and windows
• Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
• Change the locks on all the outside doors
• Buy first aid kits and fire extinguishers
• Do you need a burglar alarm?
• Do you need the house to be childproofed? What precautions should you take?
• Connect your fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, stove, etc.
• Decide which of the packing materials to keep, give away or throw away — and do just that
• Make sure you remembered to register the new address with all your contacts
• Look for good schools, dentists, doctors, vets, hairdressers, gardeners — but you’ve probably done all that already
• Register your car
• Update all your insurances with your new address
• And, most importantly, go and meet your neighbours. How about a housewarming party?
You can really rely on Ab Fab The Stress Free Movers throughout all of this. If you are moving within or to the Sunshine Coast, then call us — we look after clients across South East QLD and interstate, and we are utterly professional, reliable and trustworthy.